praying for patience

with a wonderful husband, three amazing kids and a full time job, i continue to pray for patience as i balance all that life has to offer while focusing on those special moments that fill my heart

Saturday, November 21, 2009

multi-what??

multitasking is the art of doing many tasks at the same time. this is something i do not do well. i tend to multiworry very well though and i am proud to say that i do know all the things that need to be done. my problem usually begins with a single task like straightening the living room, which takes me to the kids room to put away a toy. 2 hours later i have somehow decided to alphabetize the kids books and rearrange the closet. this of course causes more of a mess from pulling everything out to make a clean start. finding a sippy cup takes me back down to the kitchen where i begin to tidy up, and now i've found myself searching the cupboards for a snack.

seriously, sometimes a little slap in the face might get me back on track, but not for long. so now i'm thinking maybe i'm a "one task at a time" kind of girl. this will give me focus, right? i will not move until the project/task/goal is completed. nothing will stop me and life will run smooth.

today...is laundry day! five clean loads to fold and seven dirty ones to wash, dry, fold & put away. the kids won't be fed, changed or bathed, but as GOD as my witness....the laundry will be done!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, ha! I am sooo glad that I am not the only one with this problem! Maybe that's why we get along so well. I've started creating zones 1-10, and I have to finish #1 before doing ANYTHING to #2-#10. It has helped tremendously. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete